Graduations are a big deal, not only in college but in elementary, junior high, and high school levels as well. Suppose your child is graduating, whether in elementary or junior, it is appropriate to buy them a gift.
But what kind of a gift is appropriate for a child graduation? The gift you get must be thoughtful and represent your feelings for that day.
Different gifts appeal to other age groups, so you need to be thoughtful about that and get a graduation gift that perfectly fits the child.
Why Graduation Ceremonies & Gifts Are Important For Kids
Graduation ceremonies in kindergarten, elementary, middle school or high school are essential and important. You must create a tradition of gifting and celebrating your kids when they graduate on different levels. They teach the children about three important things ; achievements, work ethics, and celebrating little milestones along the way.
The graduation concepts gives them feel a sense of accomplishment. As young as your child is , they will learn to aim and get goals to achieve something. They also get prepared for the professional work environment later in life. Lastly, they know to celebrate milestones, no matter how small they are.
Secrets & Tips on Buying the Perfect Child Graduation Gift
To get the most real and thoughtful gift for a graduating child, you need to consider the following factors as you buy the gift. These factors include;
1. Age – Get an Age Appropriate Gift
Age and level of school is the main factor you should consider before buying a graduation gift for your child. It would be unthoughtful of you to get your high school graduating child a gift that is fit for a kindergarten child.
As such, it is important that you consider the child’s age when you are deciding and buying the graduation gift. Match the gift you buy according to the child’s age.
2. Child Hobbies- Get a Graduation Gift Useful with Hobbies
Thoughtful gifts are always a hit, rarely a miss when it comes to graduation. When buying a gift for your child, you want to make sure they will not only love it but get to use it. And nothing speaks of what a child loves more than their hobbies.
So to find the perfect graduation gift for your child, look around what the child’s hobbies are or what they love doing for some inspiration. It will give you an idea of what kind of a thoughtful gift should look like.
For instance, a swimsuit gift is unlikely to be appreciated if your child does not swim or intend to start. It is best to get something that matches their personality, maybe a skating board if they love skating.
3. Child’s Immediate Needs – Choose a Functional Gift
A thoughtful gift that your child will love is something that they will actually get to use in future or next level in education. Nothing beats a functional graduation gift that fits into an immediate need that your child has.
For instance, your child will appreciate a guitar gift on graduation if they intend to enroll in music classes next.
4. Price- Buy a Reasonable Priced Graduation Gift
The cost of the gift is also an essential factor to consider while buying a graduation gift. As a gift for a child, you do not need to spend a fortune on their graduation nor want it to be cheap either.
Therefore set a budget of what you would consider reasonable according to your income and the occasion. It should neither be too cheap or too expensive.
5. Gender Preferences
Some gifts are more appealing to girls than boys. Consider your child’s gender as you decide on the gift you want to buy them for their graduation.
For instance, you should never get your son pinkish items, as that is preferred for girls. Girls will be intrigued by jewelry stuff but this does not apply to boys etc
Best Simple & Thoughtful Graduation Gifts for Kindergarten
- Stuffed animal
- Flower lei
- Bouquet- both girls and boys graduation from kindergarten will love this
- Graduation bear- it’s a favorite gift for kindergarten kids
- Storybook- this graduation gifts is very sentimental
- Congratulations card
- Graduation trinkets- it’s a favorite gift for kindergarten kids
- Pillow pet
Popular Graduation Gift Ideas for Elementary Kids
- Stuffed animal- an interesting graduation gift, especially for girls
- Balloons- a popular gift among elementary level kids
- Flower lei
- Graduation bear- this is also a favorite for kids graduating from elementary
- Congrats card
- Graduation trinkets
- Paid classes for hobbies- this graduation gift will help your child develop their skills
- Leather school bag- An interesting graduation gifts for both boys and girl
- Personalized photo book- your elementary kid-boy or girl will love this
- An engraved fountain pen, a good set of brushes- a favorite gift for both boys and girls
Top Useful & Thoughtful Graduation Gift Ideas for Middle School
- Bocci ball set
- A nice glass water bottle- if customized, it is an excellent unique graduation gift for kids in middle school.
- Hosting a party/dinner- its a favorite unique gift for both girls and boys- it helps create memories
- A book from a favorite author
- Tickets to a play- an interesting way to have your child celebrate their graduation with their friends
- A spa day for girls- it is an excellent graduation gift if your girl loves pampering
- Outdoor gear for fishing, hiking, hunting, ice skating – popular graduation gift for boys
- Paid classes for hobbies -this graduation gift helps develop your child’s skills
- A nice watch – interesting gift for both boys and girls
- $100 gift cards to Amazon – many graduating kids will love this as they can buy any thing they want
- Jewelry- necklace, a pair of diamond earrings, small studs- you can never wrong with as a graduation gift for girls in middle school.
- Nice fluffy towels
- Jewelry box
Top & Best Graduation Gift Ideas for High School
- A paid trip to a destination of choice
- Clothing – a new dress/suit
- New computer – Kids graduating from high school love computers as a graduation gift because it is functional and they will need it in college
- Hosting a party/dinner
- Money/college fund
- A gift card to a college bookstore or favorite local general/department store to buy stuff they’ll need for college- This graduation gift will come in handy once your high scholar graduates and goes to college.
- A small toolkit for use in college (hammer, measuring tape, and pliers
- Survival kit- A map of the city, whistle, address book- This graduation gift is very functional
- Suitcase- A classic/timeless, professional-but-cute leather handbag
- A lava lamp for the dorm room
- Prepaid phone minutes
- Unexpected supplies for class or dorm, e.g., small fridge, microwave
- Care package – (toiletries, grocery gift cards, socks, pens, post-its, snacks, mitts/hat, hoodie, a new backpack, laundry soap).